Poker rankings in different casino Poker games variations
Poker rankings in Texas Hold’em
Poker is played everywhere, online and offline, in casinos and at home. The majority of gambles does not do it at the internet casinos. Unfortunately, some websites and guides do not understand how to explain the rules and Poker rankings in the guides of Poker for beginners — here, the rules explanation should be started with Texas Hold’em card rankings.
Poker rankings and the order of hands
Rankings in Poker are the most important things to know about this game. Here, not a single card but card combinations will let a player win. The cards’ values (separately) do not play the main role. The player can win even when he has 2 Deuces (especially if he plays Deuces Wild Video Poker). The cards’ suits also mean less than in other cards games: probably, they are very important in Flush only. The order of hands (from the lowest to the highest) is as follows:
- High card. It can help if no other meaningful combination is formed;
- Pair. 2 similar cards like 7+7;
- 2 Pairs;
- 3 of a Kind. 3 cards that have the same value (10+10+10, etc.);
- Straight. 5 cards coming in order (suit does not mean anything here);
- Flush. 5 cards that have got one and the same suit. The order does not mean here anything;
- Full House. A Pair+3 of a Kind;
- Four of a Kind. 4 cards are similar. The highest 4 of a Kind consist of 4 Aces;
- Straight Flush. This is the Straight with the same suited cards;
- Royal Flush. The only unbeatable ever combination of 5 highest Poker rankings cards (10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace): all of them must have the same suit. 2 or more Royal Flash combinations cannot appear in 1 game. Therefore, suits can vary (Diamonds Royal Flush, for instance).
When 2 or more players have high Poker rank hands, the highest hand beats the lower one.
High Poker ranks and the cards suits
In addition to the world’s most popular version of Texas Hold’em, there are numerous other poker variants such as Omaha, Hi / Lo, Razz, 5 Card Draw, 7 Card Stud, 5 Card Stud, H.O.R.S.E, etc. In most variants, with the exception of Stud games, the different colors have no value. In the stud, on the other hand, the hands Poker rankings also depend on the card rankings — the value of the colors and the alphabetical order of the colors. From bottom to top: Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, and Spades. Nevertheless, as soon as the high Poker rank cards may not come at the beginning of the game, the starting games when the player gets 3 and more similar cars (in value or suit) can be also winning with time. With the right strategy and the usage of community cards, the player who knows all about the Poker order of hands and Poker rankings can make the best card combination and leave a casino with a great prize.